Since I’ve had a number of people ask where they can find it, this book is now available on Amazon. Thank you for your support!
Print only at this point, Kindle version should be available in a week or so.
From the back cover:
This book is for IT professionals who need to take their reporting to the next level. The focus of this guide is a practical approach to modify, create, and build reports within SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Although intended for Configuration Manager 2012 Administrators, there are many concepts in this practical handbook that provide value for anyone who requires additional knowledge of SSRS. The reporting principles also apply to other versions of Configuration Manager. In addition to well-proven step-by-step guides, you also get access to sample scripts and source code, allowing you to quickly test the solutions in your own environment.
Discover how to
– Setup ConfigMgr 2012 R2 for SSRS
– How to locate information in the Configuration Manager Database
– Compare and contrast Report Authoring Tools
– Select the right Report Authoring Tool
– Customize existing reports with Report Builder
– Create a Report with SQL Server Data Tools
– Modify a Report with SQL Server Data Tools
– Create Advanced reporting solutions
– Custom reporting on extended hardware inventory
– Techniques to simplify report data display
– Create Linked reports
– Report on databases other than Configuration Manager
– Deploy a solution that tracks and reports on historical client data
– Implement advanced index and statistic optimization
– Create and manage report subscriptions